I've been taking a break from writing my newsletter and doing some soul searching, not because I wanted to, but I felt called to, so I listened to that calling and allowed it to guide me. This month's newsletter reflects my experiece so far. I appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the journey.
If, at any time, you would like to unsubscribe, simply go to the end of the newsletter.
M. DiGiovanna, President, ThinkPeople
Heeding the Call
I feel overwhelmed by grace and gratitude right now. I have never felt as guided in my life as I do now and it's both exciting and scary at the same time. It's almost like I know my soul is smiling large and wide as I'm finally heeding the call. The soul is shedding tears of happiness and relief knowing that I am completely guided and supported on this journey even though I really don't know how it will all happen and where it will take me.
In many ways, it requires no work or effort to allow you to be guided. It requires something completely different than the way our human minds generally like to work and operate. It requires bypassing our mind to listen to our soul - that deep place of knowing, that deep place that feels like home when you truly access it.
There is a time in one's life that our soul no longer allows us to compromise. It no longer allows us to do, be or have what we think and instead guides us to who we really are at the core. What I find most wild is I thought I knew who I was at the core and what is important to me, but the soul knows so much more. It's not always easy to trust that, especially when what the soul wants isn't what you pictured.
Ah, that wonderful oh so familiar "picture" we paint of what we think our lives are supposed to be like and we see ourselves doing, having and being. When our true essence and soul is accessed, that picture can look so very different. In most cases, it is very different than what we could ever imagine and much more deep, bright, broad and lovely. For example, did I know that being near the mountains would be so wonderful and healing for my soul? I had no idea the magnitude of that until I was in front of the most magnificent front range in Colorado and how overwhelmingly emotional I got.
If I stayed in my comfortable home following my predictable schedule, I would never know that. Sometimes we have to heed the calling of our soul regardless of where it will take us and why. Sometimes we have to move boldly and blindly forward without a clue because our soul desperately wants us to. And, we don't have to know why. Because, in the end, it really doesn't matter why. What matters most is to heed the call. When we do, we experience the most wonderful joy, freedom, love and grace we have ever known.
How can we live fully and completely without heeding the call? It is such a disservice to us and to one another. When we don't heed the call, we shut down access to feeling fully and completely alive. We are all meant to be living on this earth feeling completely alive and drinking in the magnitude of love, richness and joy available to us.
It's time to step out of the rat race, stop the lifeless routines and quiet your mind long enough to listen deeply to what your soul needs and wants, not for its purpose, but for your purpose. You can have the life you truly and completely deserve filled with unending abundance, joy and fulfillment. If not now, when? It's time.
Jean M. DiGiovanna
Monthly Workout: Heeding the Call
Take on the following questions and process below for this month’s workout:
I look forward to hearing what you experience! (please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Find a quiet place where you will be uninterrupted and take about an hour away from the hustle and bustle of your world. Take a journal or something to write on. Contemplate on the questions ahead and write what comes to mind without judging, analyzing or assessing.
- What's the one thing you know and feel but haven't taken action on?
- What do you know you need to do, but have been unwilling or scared to confront?
- What's the thing you are most tolerating in your life that you know would make a huge difference if you addressed it or let it go?
- Take some time now to reflect on what you wrote. Review the answers and pick the one that gives you the most juice when you think about it (positively or negatively). In other words, there is a lot of energy or emotion around it for you.
- I'm going to challenge you to confront this area once and for all. What is one action you could take to begin to address this area in your life? To make it happen, to minimize the toleration, to loosen up the reigns and provide more freedom and aliveness in your life? Make sure the action is doable in one sitting.
- Are you willing to take that action on? If so, great! (let me know how it goes). If not, what is one small action you are willing to take? (even if it's just taking more time to think through the steps)
- Heeding the call of your soul doesn't have to mean changing your life upside down. It's about taking one small action at a time.
- I acknowledge you for taking whatever action you can for with each action comes experience and with each experience, growth and movement.
Heeding the Call
Heeding the call is our life's work.
But it's not always easy to do.
You must quiet your mind and calm your heart,
you must let go of having a clue.
When you allow yourself to be guided,
giving your soul a new view,
you will feel pleasantly surprised
like you've come home to what's true.
~ by Jean M. DiGiovanna
EVENTS & OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
Success is a State of Mind
- ThinkPeople's Newly Released Book
Find out what some of the most successful people believe about success in this remarkable book. You will learn elements that are critical to your success journey such as good communication, how to conquer fear, how to break out of "business as usual", and how to become unstoppable. You will discover how to uncover your true gifts, which involves changing your limiting beliefs and creating new empowering ones that will enable you to honor your values and live the life you truly want.To purchase or for more info, go to http://www.thinkpeople.com/products.html
Curious about ThinkPeople's other services beyond Coaching?
Check out Corporate Facilitation/Training/ Consulting
I hope you've enjoyed ThinkPeople's Monthly Workout and found
it valuable! Feel free to forward to your friends, family and
colleagues. Please forward complete newsletter.
To read past editions of ThinkPeople's
Newsletters and to learn more about our services and products, visit
you wish to unsubscribe, please e-mail email@example.com
Copyright Info: ThinkPeople's Monthly Workout
for the mind, heart and soul is ©2010 Jean M. DiGiovanna. All rights
reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be reproduced
without express written permission from the
Jean M. DiGiovanna, Publisher
Amy Rewakowski, Editor
Bringing Individuals and Organizations Alive!